Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Dentist

It's a big bad word around here.  I think my children are crazy as I loved going to the dentist when I was a kid.  Of course, the dentist and his family were our friends.  We swam in their pool and went to their house on Christmas Eve and did art projects together and all sorts of stuff.  And then there's the convenient fact that I never once had a cavity.  Bryn has had cavities.  Lots of cavities, with sleepy medicine, and crowns and all the anxiety that goes with it.  Ella hasn't had a cavity, but Bryn makes her nervous.  Owen's only been a few times, and never had an issue, but he still worries.

Silly children!  None of them had any cavities and they all did really well.  Owen did raise his hand in the middle to tell the hygienist, "I don't think I'm very comfortable with what you're doing.  Maybe you should stop."  It made me laugh, but then we still made him finish.


The giant toothbrush was the coolest part.  Just ask Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment